Chilli Chocolate Brownies
Dark chocolate and chilli is an intriguing flavour combination that really shines in these deliciously fudgy brownies, and we’ve added a little cinnamon for an extra touch of spice. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or flurries of whipped cream.
- 250 g butter, melted
- 500 ml or 2 cups caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 375 ml or 1½ cups of plain flour
- 125 ml or ½ cup cocoa
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Robertsons Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- 1.2 ml or ¼ tsp Robertsons Cinnamon
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80 g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 160 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 125 ml of cream
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 160º C.
- Beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one and a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the flour, cocoa, Robertsons spices, vanilla and white chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Line a brownie tin with greased baking paper and pour the batter into the tin and bake at for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool, turn out and cut into squares.
- To make the sauce, place the chocolate and cream in a glass or ceramic bowl and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Drizzle the brownies with chocolate sauce and serve with fresh raspberries and ice cream.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.