Leftover Chicken & Veggie Pancakes
Here’s a great idea for making the most of your leftover chicken: savoury pancakes filled with tender chicken breast, carrots, spinach and sweet chilli sauce.
- 250 g wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp or big pinch of salt
- 180 ml or 12 tbsp warm water
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 45 ml or 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Robertsons chicken spice
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 2 roast chicken breasts, diced
- 250 ml or 1 cup grated carrots
- 500 ml or 2 cups chopped spinach
- 62.5 ml or 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, water and oil to form a soft dough. Once combined, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead by hand for 5 minutes. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover and rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft but not brown. Add the chicken spice, cayenne and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, carrot, spinach and sweet chili to the pan, stir through and cook covered for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal balls. On a floured surface, roll out the balls into disks of about 10cm diameter. Fill the disks with two tablespoons of the chicken mix and seal tightly, removing any excess dough.
- Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten the filled pancakes to disks of about 10cm diameter.
- Add the leftover oil in a pan and heat over medium heat. Cook the pancakes 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.