Knorrox Chicken Curry
This recipe is brought to life by Knorrox Chicken Spice, which takes this curry recipe right to the top of the family favourites list.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 600 g chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 5 ml Robertsons (1 tsp) turmeric
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp curry paste
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Knorrox chicken spice
- 75 ml or 1/4 cup of water
- 1 Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces, sauté until browned. Transfer chicken from the pot onto a plate and keep the chicken aside.
- In the same pot add the onion, red pepper and yellow pepper and allow to cook until golden brown, then add the garlic, Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder, Robertsons Turmeric, star anise, bay leaves and Knorrox Chicken Spice then fry for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add ¼ cup of water to loosen the mixture.
- Add chicken pieces and cover for at least 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the curry is ready, roughly chop fresh coriander and add to the curry and cover for 5 minutes before serving.
- Without milk
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.