Barbeque Maple Chicken and Beetroot Salad
Easy to put together and full of flavour, this delicious chicken salad is made using spinach, Robertsons Barbeque Spice,
beetroot, goat's cheese, pomegranate and chicken.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 30 ml Robertsons barbecue spice
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 500 g chicken fillets
- 250 g red and yellow beetroot, peeled
- 100 g spinach
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- 200 g goat cheese, roughly crumbled
- 60 ml store bought salad dressing
- Bring a large saucepan with salted water to the boil, add the beetroot and lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the beetroot is tender. Drain and leave to cool. Slice the beetroot thinly.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, Robertsons Barbeque Spice, maple syrup and rub all over the chicken. Heat a griddle pan and grill the chicken over medium heat, while basting with the extra oil for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Leave to cool slightly and flake the chicken with a fork.
- Combine the beetroot, spinach, goats cheese, pomegranate seeds and chicken in a large bowl. Toss the salad dressing through before serving.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.