Chicken Liver Tagine
Chicken livers like you have never tasted before – prepared with the authentic flavours of North Africa.
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 500 g chicken livers, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 50 g pitted dates, chopped
- 12 g sachet Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce tomato base
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 ml water
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tin chickpeas, sliced
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté the livers for about two minutes on each side – they should still be a bit pink inside – then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra oil to the pan if necessary and fry the onion until soft, golden and starting to caramelise.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the fresh coriander and livers, stir well then bring to the boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently (the dates can stick to the bottom of the pot easily).
- Add the chicken livers and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until carrots are cooked.
- Season to taste and garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.