Chicken Schnitzels with a Cheesy Mediterranean Topping
Here is another quick and tasty way to cook up chicken schnitzels by topping them with grilled brinjal and a cheese sauce.
- 30 ml lemon juice
- cooking oil
- 4 crumbed chicken schnitzels
- 1 small aubergine (brinjal), cut into thin slices lengthwise
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- cup basil leaves
- 38 g (1 sachet) Knorr three cheese sauce
- 250 ml boiling milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salad leaves (to serve)
- Sprinkle salt over both sides of brinjal and leave to stand 10 minutes.
- Rinse salt and juices off - this removes the bitter juice from the brinjal before cooking.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Brush brinjal with oil and season then grill on the griddle pan for 5 minutes each side.
- Remove to a plate and pour over lemon juice.
- Bake or fry chicken schnitzels until done then set aside.
- Place tomatoes in baking tray and top with garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Place under the grill for 7 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Prepare the Knorr Three Cheese Pasta Sauce using boiling milk and whisk well until smooth.
- Place oven onto grill function
- Place chicken schnitzel in a single layer onto an oven tray, arrange brinjal (aubergine) slices over and top with Knorr Three Cheese Pasta Sauce, basil, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad leaves.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.