Southern Fried Chicken
Make your own southern fried chicken by using a Mild Curry Dry Cook-In Sauce, black pepper, buttermilk and eggs.
- 3 cup flour
- 1 Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Mild Durban Curry
- 3 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Knorr Braai bottle sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10 chicken pieces
- 2 cup oil (for frying)
- In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Mild Durban Curry and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, Knorr Braai Sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Deep fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side until cooked.
- Serve with a choice of salad or vegetables.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.