Honey Barbeque Drumettes with Crunchy Coleslaw
These tasty mini-drumsticks are a real crowd-pleaser, and when paired with the crunch of cabbage and crispy fried noodles they’ll appeal to any palate.
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1.2 kg chicken drumettes
- 1 Knorr Cook-in-Bag BBQ Flavour
- 15 ml honey
- 2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 100 g packet minute noodles
- 180 ml mayonnaise
- 30 ml parsley, coarsely chopped
- No need to preheat oven.
- Heat 1 cup of sunflower oil in a wok. While this is heating, cut the noodles into 3 cm lengths. Test the oil by dropping in a small amount of noodles - if the oil is hot enough the submerged noodles will puff up and become crispy in seconds. Fry all the noodles and turn to cook both sides. Remove and set aside on a piece of paper towel to drain and cool.
- Place chicken drumettes in the roasting bag together with the honey and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbage, carrot and noodles. Stir in the Hellmann's Tangy Mayonnaise and the parsley.
- Divide the drumettes among four plates, spoon any remaining sauce in the bag over the chicken and serve with crunchy coleslaw on the side
- Better For You Tips : For a healthier twist on this meal omit the noodles from the coleslaw (it will still taste delicious!) and choose to use chicken drumsticks with the skin removed. Another option would be to not include the honey whean seasoning the chicken pieces in the Knorr Cook-in-Bag.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.