Sweet Chilli Braai Chicken
For a braaied chicken recipe everyone will love, try our mouth-watering sweet chilli recipe.
- 1 whole spatchcock chicken
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Robertsons barbecue spice
- 2 tsp Robertsons crushed chilli
- 60 ml chutney
- 10 chicken pieces
- 2 tsp Robertsons coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Robertsons steak and chops
- juice of 1 lemon
- Combine the Robertsons Barbecue Spice, Robertsons Crushed Chillies and chutney. Baste the spatchcock chicken with this and leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Combine the Coarsely Ground Black Pepper, Robertsons Steak and Chops Spice and lemon juice with a little oil. Rub this over the chicken pieces.
- Braai the spatchcock chicken over medium coals for about 25 - 35 minutes, turning often and basting during cooking.
- Braai the chicken pieces over medium coals for about 10 to 15 minutes, turning often until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with Braai pap or Portuguese rolls.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.