Crispy and Sticky Chicken Wings
Turn ordinary fried chicken into something special with this Asian-inspired crispy, sticky chicken wing recipe.
- For the Chicken Wings
- 1.5 kg chicken wings trimmed
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Robertsons spicy barbecue (spicy shisanyama)
- 30 ml olive oil
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger root chopped
- 15 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 30 ml honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 60 ml soy sauce
- For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 ml lime juice
- 1 green jalapeno chopped
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt to season
- Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C . Place a rack over a large roasting pan.
- Combine the chicken wings, baking powder and 2 tbsp Robertsons Spicy Shisanyama in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Place the chicken wings on the rack and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- In the meantime; combine the ginger, sweet chilli sauce, honey, brown sugar, soya sauce and remaining Robertsons Rub in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. Toss the sticky sauce through the wings until well combined.
- For the dressing
- Combine the sour cream, lime juice, jalapeno and coriander in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken wings with the dipping sauce.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.