Chicken Burrito Bowl
Filled to the brim with scrumptious ingredients like chicken breasts strips that have been marinated for up to 48 hours with Knorr Chakalaka Soup Powder and then pan-fried, served with shredded red cabbage, cooked black eye beans, sliced green peppers and onions – this dish is sure to become a family favourite.
- 400 g chicken breast fillets cut into strips
- 1 packet (50 g) Knorr chakalaka soup
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups red cabbage shredded
- 2 medium-sized onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 cups black eyed beans, cooked
- In a large bag or bowl, combine the chicken and half the Knorr Chakalaka soup powder with 1 tsp oil. Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- Heat a large pan to a medium high heat. Saute the chicken strips for 5 to 7 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from pan and rest for 10 minutes.
- In the same pan, add the 2 tsp oil along with the sliced peppers and onions.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil then add the shredded cabbage and cook until soft. Sprinkle with the remaining Knorr Chakalaka soup powder and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Divide the cabbage, chicken, peppers and beans equally between 4 bowls and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.