Curry and Yoghurt Marinated Chicken Skewers
Marinating chicken in yoghurt and lemon juice helps to tenderise it, making these Mild Masala-spiced skewers so soft and juicy. Serve with cucumber ribbons, spring onions and an extra drizzle of creamy yoghurt.
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp Rajah Mild Masala curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 800 g skinless chicken breasts sliced
- wooden skewers
- spring onion chopped to serve
- cucumber peeled into ribbons to serve
- salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, Rajah Mild Masala curry powder, garlic and tomato paste.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly cracked black pepper then add the chicken.
- Stir well to coat the chicken in the marinade then allow to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak the wooden skewers in a bowl of water while the chicken is marinating to prevent the sticks from burning in the oven.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the sticks from the water then thread the chicken on and place into a greased baking tray.
- Drizzle with a little oil then bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Serve with cucumber ribbons, chopped spring onion and an extra drizzle of yoghurt.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.