Margherita Pizza Breads with Rocket
No need to fuss with pizza dough: here’s an idea for a nourishing snack the kids will love. Make a quick margherita-style tomato sauce, pile it onto slices of wholegrain bread, top with grated cheese, then bake until golden and bubbling. Serve with a leafy topping of rocket, or you could use fresh watercress (one of our Future 50 ingredients) instead.
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra to serve
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tinned tomatoes
- 30 ml Knorr Minestrone Soup
- 80 ml water
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 thickly sliced wholegrain bread
- 75 g cheese grated
- fresh rocket to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook until soft and golden. Add the garlic and tinned tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate jug, whisk 30ml (2 Tbsp) KNORR Minestrone Soup powder into the water. Add this to the pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet. Top each one with sliced tomato, then with the tomato sauce, and finally with the grated cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven for 6 – 8 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh rocket and drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.