Chicken, Fennel and Leek Phyllo Pie
Use left-over roast chicken, fresh fennel bulbs and leeks to make this effortless pie, which is flavoured with garlic, thyme, mustard and Knorr Cream of Chicken Soup. Phyllo pastry is an excellent alternative to calorie-dense puff pastry when you’re making pies – it’s light, easy to handle and creates a beautifully crisp golden topping.
- 15 g butter
- 15 ml oil
- 2 leeks, 1 cm slices
- 2 medium fennel bulb, diced
- 2.5 ml thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 350 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 sachet Knorr Classic White Sauce
- 1 packet Knorr Cream of Chicken Soup
- 15 ml wholegrain mustard
- 350 ml boiling water
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 40 g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pot over a low-medium heat.
- Add the leeks, fennel, thyme and garlic. Cook slowly until soft, but not gaining colour.
- Once soft add the chicken.
- In a jug, add the Knorr Classic White Sauce, Knorr Cream of Chicken Soup and mustard. Pour in the boiling water and whisk to combine.
- Pour the white sauce mix into the pot with the cooked ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Season to taste with Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper.
- Pour the mixture into your pie dish.
- Brush each phyllo sheet with the melted butter. Roughly crumple up the phyllo sheets and place them on top of the pie so you have a rustic looking top.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until golden.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.