Beef and Guinness Pot Pie
This hearty Beef and Guinness Pot Pie is the perfect comfort food for the colder winter nights! It is certain to become a firm favourite.
- 200 ml water
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 500 g rump steak, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- cup frozen peas
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 200 ml Guinness beer
- 1 sachets Knorr Hearty Beef Stew with rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 roll readymade puff pastry, defrosted
- milk (for brushing pastry)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion until lightly browned.
- Add the cubed rump steak and brown well then add the carrots and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the contents of the KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce together with the water and Guinness, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture into two oven proof rectangular pie dishes.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and divide the pastry in half.
- Using a sharp knife score the surface of the pastry to give it an attractive appearance and cut a small “V” shape into the centre of each pastry lid and flip it over to allow the steam to escape from the pies while baking.
- Place the pastry lids on top of the beef filling and firmly press the edges down to seal.
- Place the pies into a preheated oven for about 7 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve with salad.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.