Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pie
This Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pie is sure to be a yummy treat – plus, it’s a great way in which to get the kids to eat their veggies!
- 1 chicken, Whole, cooked and roasted
- 250 g button mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 1.5 cup cream
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1 packet puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Remove the skin and bones from the cooked chicken. Cut the chicken meat up into cubes and set aside.
- Fry mushrooms in a little oil until cooked then add the sweet corn and peas and stir through.
- Add the cake flour and mix through thoroughly then stir in the milk until a roux is formed.
- Let the mixture cook slowly for about 5 minutes then add the chicken and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and leave to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix through thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into an oven proof pie dish, cover with puff pastry, glaze with milk or egg and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with a salad or beetroot and voila! Enjoy!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.