Cottage Pie Topped with Butternut and Potato Mash
Delicious and easy recipes are hard to come by! Why not combine butternut, potatoes and cheese to make this scrumptious family meal?
- 15 ml oil
- 500 g mince
- 4 carrots, julienned
- red chilli (optional)
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 250 g butternut, peeled and cubed
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr Savoury mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 400 ml water
- Boil potatoes and butternut together and mash.
- Set aside for topping.
- Sauté spring onions and chilli in a splash of oil, add carrots and green pepper and fry for 5 min.
- Add mince and brown.
- Mix contents of the sachet of Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce with 400 ml cold water and pour over the browned mince.
- Bring to the boil, stirring often, then simmer for about 10 min.
- Place in a casserole dish, top with mashed potato and butternut, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Grill for 10-15 min or until cheese is golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.