Homemade Chicken Mayo Pie
Who can possibly resist the lure of a homemade chicken mayo pie? One slice will definitely not be enough!
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 600 g chicken fillet, cubed
- 250 ml water
- 10 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- 1 sachet (48 g) Knorr chicken à la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 roll readymade puff pastry
- milk (for brushing pastry)
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Place the diced carrots, potato and chicken fillet into a small saucepan together with the water and simmer covered over a medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool but do not drain
- Once cooled stir in the mixed herbs, mayonnaise and contents of the sachet of Knorr Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-In-Sauce.
- Spoon the filling into a round oven proof pie dish and brush the edges of the dish with water
- Unroll the puff pastry so that it drapes over the pie dish, trim the excess from the edges and press it firmly down
- Make a small incision on the top of the pie to allow the steam to escape
- Brush with a little milk then bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and flaky
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.