Snoek and Portabellini Mushroom Pie
Transform your leftover snoek into Legendary Snoek Portabellini Pie.
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 150 g onion, chopped
- 100 g celery, sliced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 150 g portobellini mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 4 tbsp Hellmann's original mayonnaise
- 30 ml parsley, chopped
- 250 g leftover fish (snoek), deboned
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 1 roll premade puff pastry, defrosted
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil and then fry the onions until light gold in colour before adding the celery and crushed garlic and cooking until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned then add the baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour in your fresh cream and Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and stir, then add your parsley and snoek and allow the ingredients to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for flavours to mingle.
- Taste and season with Robertsons Salt and Pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20x20 cm pie dish with Spray and Cook.
- Sprinkle a surface with some cake flour, remove puff pastry and lay it out flat with the long sides of the rectangle facing you.
- Cut down the middle so you have 2 even-sized pieces roughly the size of your pie dish.
- Roll the pastry out so that it will cover the base and sides of the pie dish.
- Place 1 piece in the bottom of your pie dish and prick holes in it with a fork.
- Pour the snoek mixture into the pie dish and flatten it out.
- Dip your finger in some water and run along the exposed piece of pastry before laying the other rolled out piece of pastry on top (this will help it to stick together).
- Prick holes in the pastry (this will allow air to escape).
- Trim the edges (but leave a little overhang).
- Brush with either milk or whisked egg.
- Place in oven and bake until pastry is golden and crispy (25 to 30 minutes).
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.