Mushroom and Spinach Filo Pie
Take a traditional pasta alfredo and make something brand new – like a mouth-watering mushroom and spinach filo pie. Filo pastry is light, crispy and the perfect casing for the creamy pasta filling. Serve with a crisp salad on the side, for an extra bite of freshness.
- 350 grams portobello mushroom sliced
- 15 ml olive oil
- 200 grams baby spinach washed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Knorr Aldredo Pasta and Sauce
- 250 ml low fat milk
- 750 ml hot water
- 4 sheet of filo pastry
- 60 ml butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and fry the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes. Add the baby spinach and fry until wilted. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring the water and milk to the boil.
- Add the packet contents and stir continuously until boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold the cooked mushrooms and spinach through the sauce and pour it into a 1,25L capacity oven proof dish.
- Brush the filo sheets with the melted butter and scrunch each one up lightly with your hands. Top the pasta in the dish with the scrunched-up pastry and bake in the oven for 20minutes until golden and crisp.
- Serve with a side salad of your choice.
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.