Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Penne pasta laced with a smooth and flavourful roasted red pepper sauce topped with fresh basil.
- 250 g penne pasta
- 4 large red bell peppers, seeded and chopped into large chunks
- 1 large red onion, chopped into large chunks
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) of olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) of Robertsons Masterblends Rustic Garlic and Herb seasoning
- ½ a cup (250ml) of coconut cream
- ¼ of a cup (30g) of fresh basil leaves, reserve some to garnish
- 7,5 ml (1 tsp) of Robertsons Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Place red peppers, onions and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Robertsons Masterblends Rustic Garlic and Herb seasoning then roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown with crispy edges.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and immediately return it to the pot.
- Place roasted veggies in the blender with basil and coconut cream. Season with Robertsons Black Pepper then blend until smooth.
- Stir sauce into cooked pasta. Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.