Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff with Wholewheat Pasta
Mustard, white wine, sour cream and Knorr Creamy Garlic Sauce give gorgeous flavours to our easy stroganoff, with a squeeze of lemon and a shower of chopped parsley adding a final burst of freshness. If you don’t cook with wine, use chicken stock mixed with a teaspoon of white wine vinegar in place of the wine.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 15 ml butter
- 250 g button mushrooms. sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml wholegrain mustard
- 250 ml sour cream
- 300 ml water
- 38 g (1 sachet) Knorr creamy garlic sauce
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 4 cups whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 15 ml chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté quickly until golden, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat down and add the butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté gently for five minutes. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a further five minutes, or until everything is cooked and soft.
- Now deglaze the pan with the white wine as follows: pour the wine over the mushrooms and onions, stir well to loosen any bits on the bottom of the pan, and let the wine boil away until it has reduced to just a few teaspoons.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the wholegrain mustard, sour cream, water and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Creamy Garlic Sauce. Add this to the pan along with the chicken and simmer for five to eight minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Serve hot with wholewheat pasta and a garnish of chopped parsley.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.