Baked Spring Vegetable Carbonara
Use fresh young spring veggies plus convenient frozen peas to add vitamins and other vital micronutrients to your next pasta carbonara! Finish your pasta dish with a bubbling golden topping of mature cheddar to create an easy dinner dish the whole family will love.
- 1 x Knorr bacon Carbonara Pasta & Sauce
- 15 ml oil
- 2 leeks ½ cm slices
- 2 large / 3 medium courgettes ½ cm slices
- 100 g mange tout, trimmed
- 200 g frozen peas
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 125 ml milk
- 310 ml water
- 30 g butter / margarine
- 100 g mature cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove the pasta from the Knorr Bacon & Carbonara Pasta & Sauce box, putting the sauce contents aside for now. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente (still firm when bitten). Once the pasta is cooked, remove it from the water and cool it down in cold water.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper, and sauté until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down slightly, and add the courgettes, cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Lastly add the mange tout and peas and cook for one more minute.
- Make the sauce by mixing the contents of the Knorr Bacon & Carbonara sauce, milk, water and butter together.
- Bring to the boil, and then turn down to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, mix the pasta, sauce and vegetables together until evenly coated, season with salt & pepper, and pour into casserole dish.
- Top with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.