Green Mac and Cheese with Broccoli, Spinach and Peas
Kids love mac and cheese! Pack more colour, flavour and nutrients into this family favourite by adding vitamin-rich broccoli, spinach and peas. Take care not to over-cook your veggies, or they will lose their fresh green colour. Milk and cheese add a dose of calcium, which is so important for strong bones and teeth.
- 128 g Knorr macaroni & Cheese Pasta & Sauce
- 500 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 g baby spinach
- 100 g frozen peas
- 125 ml milk
- 310 ml water
- 30 g butter / margarine
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove the pasta from the Knorr Macaroni & Cheese Pasta & Sauce sachet, putting the sauce contents aside for now. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente (still firm when bitten). Once the pasta is cooked, remove it from the water and cool it down in cold water.
- Using the same water, blanch the broccoli until al dente. 20 second before the broccoli is finished, add the spinach and peas. Refresh straight in ice water to keep the bright green colour. Strain once cooled through.
- Make the sauce by mixing the contents of the Knorr Macaroni & Cheese sauce, milk, water and butter together.
- Bring to the boil, and then turn down to simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, mix the pasta, sauce and vegetables together until evenly coated, season with Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper, and pour into casserole dish.
- Top with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.