Pumpkin and Spinach Skillet Lasagne
In search of a family-friendly, veggie based version of your favourite Italian pasta dish? Look no further than this terrific and tasty pumpkin and spinach skillet lasagne. So, hold back on the meat, top up with veggies and keep coming back for more of this delicious meal.
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 30 ml olive oil
- 250 g baby spinach, rinsed
- 295 g box Knorr lasagne mate Chicken Lasagne
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 800 ml low fat milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Place the pumpkin cubes on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and turn on the grill of the oven, set aside until needed.
- Blanche the spinach for 2 minutes in rapidly, boiling water seasoned with salt. Drain thoroughly, pressing any excess water out using your hands, set aside.
- In a medium pan sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the 800 ml milk and uncooked pasta and add the sachet of Seasoning Spice Blend. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked.
- Fold the pumpkin and spinach through the sauce with pasta in the same pan.
- Empty the contents of Cheese Sauce sachet into a measuring jug and fill to 200 ml with rapidly boiling water. Once all the water has been added, stir with a fork for 1 minute, until thick and smooth.
- Transfer pasta mix from pan to oven proof casserole dish. Pour the cheese sauce over and top with the grated cheese. Grill for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.