Broccoli and Basil Pesto Chicken Lasagne
You won’t have to choose between taste and goodness with this delicious broccoli and basil pesto infused chicken lasagne. Enjoy all the full flavour of a hearty chicken lasagne with a healthy kick that your family will love.
- 500 g chicken fillets
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 125 g basil pesto
- 1 box Knorr Lasagne Mate chicken lasagne
- 30 ml olive oil
- 150 g onion, chopped
- 800 ml low fat milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Robertsons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill function on the oven.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion then add the chicken strips and cook until well browned in the oil, for 2 minutes.
- Add the 800 ml milk and uncooked pasta and add the sachet of Seasoning Spice Blend. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is cooked.
- Blanche the broccoli for 2 minutes in rapidly, boiling water seasoned with salt. Drain and roughly chop.
- Empty the contents of the Cheese Sauce sachet into a measuring jug and fill to 200 ml with rapidly boiling water. Once all the water has been added, stir with a fork for 1 minute, until thick and smooth then set aside.
- Fold the broccoli and pesto through the pasta in the saucepan and season with Robertsons Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour into a 2L oven proof dish. Pour the cheese sauce over and top with grated cheese.
- Grill for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.