Chicken Mac and Cheese
There’s nothing like a delicious bowl of cheesy mac and cheese and it’s even better with added chicken pieces. We call it: Mac and cheese with a twist. You may want to double the ingredients on this one, it’s that good. Hints of paprika and red pepper are sure to excite your taste buds. Mmmmm…yummy!
- 200 g durum wheat macaroni
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 10 ml crushed garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2.5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 400 g chicken fillet, sliced
- 200 ml water
- 400 ml milk
- 2 x 38 g sachets Knorr Creamy Cheese cheese Pasta Sauce
- 15 ml parsley, freshly chopped
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water (1.2 lt water with 7.5 ml salt) to the boil and cook the macaroni until al dente (cooked but still firm to the bite) then drain and set aside
- Heat oil in a large pot or deep pan and fry the garlic, onion, red pepper and Robertsons paprika until soft
- Add the chicken fillet and fry until well browned on all sides
- Add the water and milk and stir in the contents of the sachet of Knorr Creamy Cheese Pasta Sauce.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally then stir through the chopped parsley
- Combine the sauce with the cooked macaroni and transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve immediately
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.