Chicken and Mushroom Penne in a Creamy Mustard Sauce
Chicken and mushrooms are a perfect combination …now add it to pasta. You’ll be left with a meal that is so perfect; your taste buds won’t know what hit them! Go on, try it. It only takes 15 minutes to prep, so you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen after a long day.
- 200 g durum wheat penne
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 10 ml crushed garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 400 g chicken fillet, sliced
- 250 g punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ml Robertsons thyme
- 500 ml milk
- 48 g sachet Knorr chicken a la king Dry Cook-in sauce
- 15 ml wholegrain mustard
- 60 ml cream
- 30 g rocket
- Bring a large pot of salted water(1.2 lt water with 7.5 ml salt) to the boil and cook the penne until al dente (cooked but firm to the bite) then drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot or deep pan and fry the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the chicken fillet and fry until well browned on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms and the thyme and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir through the contents of the sachet of KNORR Chicken a’la Kind Dry Cook-in-Sauce together with the mustard.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat stirring occasionally
- Remove from the heat and stir through the cream and rocket.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked penne and transfer to a serving dish and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.