Tomato, Beer and Boerewors Risotto Recipe
Give this traditional Italian dish a good punch of flavour by adding boerewors and beer - sure to satisfy any South African man's tummy, definitely worth all the stirring that is required!
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g short grain risotto rice
- 250 ml beer
- 400 g Boerewors, sliced
- 1 for dusting tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 7.5 ml Robertsons Italian herbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a large pot until melted.
- Gently sauté the onions and garlic until soft but with no colour.
- Stir in the rice and gently fry the rice until the ends of each grain are starting to turn clear.
- Pour in the beer and cook over a high heat stirring continuously until the beer has been absorbed.
- Stir in the boerewors, tomato and contents of the sachet of 1 KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the water one cup at a time - each cup of water must be absorbed before adding the next, this should take 25-30 minutes before the rice is swollen and tender.
- Stir in the Robertsons Italian Herb and serve topped with Parmesan shavings.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.