Meatball Mozzarella Pasta Bake
If your children enjoy meatballs they will be sure to love this interesting take on them – a baked pasta dish with meatballs in a tomato sauce!
- 450 g extra lean beef mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 sachet Knorr Savoury mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tins tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ml Robertsons Italian herbs
- 350 g penne pasta
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil then add the penne pasta and cook to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl mix the beef mince with the grated onion and half of the contents of the sachet of KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Shape the mixture into meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the meatballs until well browned then remove and set aside.
- Fry the red pepper until tender then add the tinned tomatoes, Robertsons Italian Herb and stir in the remaining contents of the sachet of KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss with the cooked penne pasta.
- Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish and top mozzarella then place in the oven and bake until golden brown.
- Meatball Mozzarella Pasta Bake
- Better For You Tips: For a healthier option oven bake the meatballs instead of pan frying them. To extend the meal mix in some drained, tinned lentils into your meatball mixture. Yum!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.