Spicy Sausage Rolls
Who can resist flaky golden sausage rolls, piping hot from the oven? The filling for our Rajah sausage rolls has a deliciously mild and spicy bite. Serve with sweet chilli chutney and sour cream, or make a double batch so you can pop the extras into lunchboxes the next day.
- 600 g pork sausage
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chutney
- 3 spring onion chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 400 g (1 roll) frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds to top
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) sweet chilli tomato chutney to serve
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) sour cream to serve
- fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Squeeze the pork sausages out of their casings and discard the casings.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork sausage, Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder, chutney, and spring onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll the thawed pastry open on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry in two lengthways to create two long strips measuring roughly 10cm x 30cm each.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two. Shape the meat into a long sausage shape all along the centre of each strip of pastry.
- Brush the long edge of the pastry with egg, then carefully roll the pastry into a long parcel so the filling is enclosed in the pastry.
- Brush the top of the roll with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut into 3cm-long sausage rolls and pop them onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 180 °C for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chilli tomato chutney, sour cream and fresh coriander.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.