Spicy Beef Nachos
Taste-packed spicy beef chilli nachos recipe with rich guacamole made creamier by Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise. A real match-day winner.
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- juice from 1 lime (approx. 30ml or 2 Tbsp.)
- ½ small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cubed
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 ml or 2 tsp garlic clove, finely chopped
- 225 g lean beef mince
- 10 ml or 2 tsp. chilli powder
- 700 g tortilla or corn chips (2 large bags)
- 125 ml or ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 handful spring onions, chopped (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, lime juice and jalapeno pepper in medium serving bowl; set aside.
- Blend avocado, Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise and sour cream in small bowl with fork until desired consistency. Turn into serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add beef mince and chili powder and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef mince is cooked.
- Arrange tortilla chips on large serving plate, then top with ground beef and sprinkle with cheese. Grill 1 minute on high heat or microwave 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tomato mixture, avocado mixture and, if desired, chopped spring onions.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.