Knorrox Ox Tongue
One of the most delicious offcuts which seems intimidating to make, but it takes little to no effort. It is delicious when braised and is a great snack or main meal.
- 1 x ox tongue, with trimmings and visible fat cut off
- 2 Knorrox beef stock cubes
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Robertsons Black Pepper
- 3 carrots, cut chunky
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 l water (Approximately. Should be enough to cover the ox tongue in the pot)
- Place tongue in a big pot with onion, carrots, Knorrox Beef Stock Cubes, bay leaves and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Cover with water and boil on medium heat for 2-3 hours, or until the outer layer of skin peels easily.
- Once the tongue is ready, peel off the outer layer of skin, slice and serve hot or cold.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.