WIN instant prizes
to the value of R250 and stand a chance to win the grand prize to the value of R20,000!
It takes just four ingredients to make this deeply flavoursome traditional dish of stewing mutton (or beef) cooked slowly in a broth and then pulled into shreds. Serve your Tshotlo with pap or steam bread.
- 1 kg stewing beef
- 1.5 L boiling water
- 1 Knorrox beef stock cube
- 2 tsp Robertsons oregano (origanum)
- In a large pot place the beef, water, Knorrox Beef Stock cube and Robertsons Origanum. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer with lid on until meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- Remove the meat from the liquid and place in a bowl. Allow the remaining broth to continue to simmer until it has reduced by half.
- Remove the bones from the meat, place the meat ina bowl and with the back of a spoon squash the meat until it resembles strings.
- Add the squashed meat to the reduced broth and stir.
- Serve with pap or steam bread.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.