Knorrox Spicy Bone Marrow and Bean Soup
Serve with steamed bread
This hearty and flavourful soup is perfect for a winter’s day.
- 1.7 kg beef bones
- 1 kg boiled sugar beans
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs (dried)
- 2 tbsp crushed ginger and garlic
- 2 cups of chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp green chillies
- 16 curry leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of Rajah all-in-one curry powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Knorrox barbecue spice
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- In a deep baking tray layer 1 cup of onions, half the curry leaves, 1 cup of sliced carrots, 1 tbsp of ginger and garlic, and half a tbsp of Knorrox Barbeque (barbecue) spice. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of sunflower oil. Place the beef bones on top and top with 3 cups of water.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes at 200°C
- In a saucepan add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil, 1 cup of onions, 1 tablespoon of crushed ginger and garlic, curry leaves and 1 tablespoon Rajah All-In-One curry powder and remaining spice. Sautée for 4 minutes.
- Add Boiled Sugar beans with its broth. Approximately half a cup of broth. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Add bones with all the flavours in the broth. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Without milk
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.