Pork Chops with a Creamy Wine and Mushroom Sauce
These easy to prepare pork chops are deliciously indulgent with a hint of mustard and sage. Pair with steamed green beans or wilted spinach and dinner is sorted!
- 30 ml cooking oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 150 ml white wine
- 350 ml milk
- 38 g sachet Knorr creamy mushroom Sauce
- 2.5 ml Robertsons sage
- Heat 15ml oil in a large heavy based pan and brown the pork chops in batches for about 5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry until soft then add the white wine and allow to simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the milk and stir in the sachet of KNORR Creamy Mushroom Sauce.
- Return the pork chops to the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pork is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the Robertsons Sage and serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans or wilted spinach.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.