BBQ Spare Ribs on the Braai
Marinated overnight and slow-cooked on the braai, this might be the easiest dish you have ever prepared and the most convenient when cooking for a large crowd.
- 2 kg pork spare ribs
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 2 sachets Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Spaghetti Bolognaise
- 200 ml water
- 10 ml cornflour
- 60 ml honey
- 125 ml original chutney
- Place the spare ribs into a large pot together with the bay leaves and season with salt and black pepper (if the rack is very wide or long, ask your butcher to slice them for you).
- Cover with water then bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the water and allow to cool.
- To prepare the marinade mix the contents of the sachets of Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Spaghetti Bolognaise, water, corn flour, honey and chutney together in a bowl.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of two hours – the longer the better. Try to turn the ribs over in the marinade occasionally.
- Braai over hot coals for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.