Chilli Con Carne Lamb Bunny
South Africa’s most popular food on the go - try out this Whatsfordinner twist on this firm South African favourite by preparing it with Knorr Naturally Tasty Chilli Con Carne.
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 500 g lamb stewing cubes
- 1 sachet Knorr Naturally Tasty chilli Con Carne Recipe Mix
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 300 ml water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 loaf white bread, quartered and hollowed out
- fresh coriander for garnish
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion and red pepper until soft.
- Add the lamb cubes and cook until browned.
- Add the contents of the sachet of KNORR Naturally Tasty Chilli Con Carne Recipe Mix, tinned tomatoes, kidney beans, water and potatoes.
- Bring to the boil stirring constantly then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are cooked.
- To serve spoon the lamb cubes into each hollowed out quarter loaf and garnish with fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.