Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatballs
Make your own home-made meatballs and, for something a little different, wrap them in bacon and cheese. Serve with pasta and a tomato sauce.
- 500 g mince
- red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr brown onion gravy
- 1 egg
- red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Robertsons mixed herbs
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 ml Robertsons crushed garlic
- 12 slices streaky bacon
- 12 slices ready cheese, sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except bacon, and mix well.
- Using a 125 ml measuring cup measure out the mince mixture.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each meatball.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with noodles and vegetables.
- OPTIONAL: When cooked, pop a slice of cheese over the meatballs and place under the griller for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.