Spoil your family by trying out this recipe for Beef Olives, using parmesan, basil and cashew as the main ingredients for the stuffing.
- 8 beef minute steaks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 ml cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 60 ml basil leaves, finely shredded
- 125 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- 125 ml marinated sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 375 ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 30 ml olive oil
- 500 ml boiling water
- 1 Knorr beef stock pot
- Combine breadcrumbs, sundried tomato, parmesan, basil, cashew nuts, egg and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the bread mixture onto one end of steak.
- Fold in sides and roll up.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Repeat with remaining steaks and bread mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef olives, in batches, for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Pour stock into pan and bring to the boil.
- Return beef olives to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer beef to a plate.
- Cover with foil.
- Increase heat to high.
- Simmer sauce for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly (add a splash of wine, if you like).
- Remove toothpicks.
- Place beef olives on plate.
- Spoon over sauce and serve with steamed vegetables, if desired.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.