Ostrich and Mushroom Stroganoff
Make this healthy ostrich stroganoff for a weekday meal and serve with steamed brown rice.
- 30 ml oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 450 g ostrich steaks, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 150 g button mushroom
- 500 ml low fat milk
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr beef stroganoff dry cook-in-sauce
- 5 ml fresh sage, chopped
- 10 ml italian flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 250 g brown rice
- In a frying pan, brown onion in 30 ml oil.
- Add ostrich strips, red pepper and mushrooms and brown for 5 min.
- Add 500 ml cold milk to the pan, stir in contents of Knorr Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Simmer uncovered for 25 min, stirring occasionally.
- When done, add herbs and mix through.
- Serve hot with brown rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.