French Loaf with Cheesy Mince and Mushrooms
Served with a side salad.
Instead of ordering take-out, make this spicy sub in the comfort of your own kitchen as a treat for your family.
- 250 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 15 ml oil
- 500 g mince
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (seeded)
- 1 sachet (48 g) Knorr spaghetti Bolognese dry-cook-in-sauce
- 400 ml cold water
- 50 ml fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 French baguette (loaf)
- 5 ml garlic, crushed
- Sauté onion in a splash of oil, toss in mince and brown.
- Add mushrooms and chilli and fry for a further 5 min.
- Mix sachet contents with 400 ml cold water and pour over mince.
- Bring to the boil, giving it a stir often, then simmer for about 10 min.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Cut the French loaf lengthways, hollow out a little of the soft bread and fill with the mince mixture.
- Top with crushed garlic and grated Cheddar cheese.
- Place under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.