Prime Rib Beef
An easy recipe for succulent, tender prime rib beef. A Knorr Beef Stock Pot is blended with rosemary, thyme and paprika to form the base of a flavoursome sauce, which is then rubbed into the beef. A perfect dish for family meals.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1.5 kg prime rib beef
- 1 Knorr beef stock pot
- 1 bunch rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 bunch thyme leaves, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 300 ml Stork margarine
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Add the beef and cook for 8-10 minutes on high heat, turning frequently until the meat is sealed and starting to brown. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, add the Knorr Beef Stock Pot, rosemary, thyme leaves, garlic, cayenne pepper and paprika. Blend well. Add the Stork Margarine and lemon juice, and blend to just combine.
- Rub this mix into the beef rib, place on baking tray and roast in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked to your taste. Remove from oven, wrap in foil and rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.