This ostrich chilli recipe is a warming, satisfying blend of ostrich mince, red kidney beans, chilli and chopped tomatoes. The succulent flavours of the mince are brought out by Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, cumin, garlic and a hint of brown sugar.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g ostrich mince
- 400 g tin kidney beans, drained
- 500 ml boiling water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 15 ml Robertsons cumin
- 15 ml cider vinegar
- 15 ml brown sugar
- 400 g tin tomatoes, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the onions start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes, until onion and garlic start to caramelize.
- Add the ostrich mince and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the mince starts to brown, mix well, breaking the mince up with the back of a spoon. When the ostrich is browned, increase the heat and and add the kidney beans, water, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, Robertsons Cumin, cider vinegar, sugar and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes on medium heat until the liquid starts to thicken.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.