Looking for an easy dinner to throw together last-minute? Meatballs are a surefire winner! Take your meat balls and gravy to the next level by using Boerewors filling!
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Robertsons steak and chops spice
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g Boerewors Sausage
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot over medium/high heat, add onion and green pepper and fry until soft or golden brown in colour, add Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice and continue frying for 15 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste and cook on medium heat until the sauce is thick.
- Add water and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, remove wors meat from the casing and take a dollop of boerie meat and roll into small golf ball sized shapes. In a pan heat 1 tbsp sunflower oil and fry the meatballs over high heat, until they gain colour.
- Transfer the boerie meatballs into your chutney and gently simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.