These traditional South African meatballs are great enjoyed alone or mixed into a delicious pasta sauce.
- 750 g beef mince
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 slice of white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Robertsons mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Robertsons spice for mice
- Heat 1 tbsp of the margarine in a large frying pan and sauté the onion in it for about 5 minutes.
- Soak the bread in a little bit of water and squeeze dry, then mash with a fork.
- Combine the onion with the mince, bread, eggs, Robertsons Mixed Herbs and Robertsons Spice for Mince to make frikkadels.
- Heat the remaining butter, margarine or oil in the frying pan and brown the frikkadels, a few at a time for about five minutes on one side.
- Turn them over and brown the other side, then turn down the heat slightly and continue cooking the frikkadels for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes, and an onion and tomato sauce.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.