Mushroom and Cowpea Meatballs with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Whip up some meat-free meatballs with mushrooms and cowpeas (black eyed beans), one of our special Future 50 Foods. Served with a creamy mustard sauce, this dish is the perfect vegetarian snack!
- 600 g button mushrooms chopped
- 800 g black eyed beans (cowpeas) cooked
- 1 packet (50 g) of Knorr minestrone soup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- olive oil for frying
- 500 ml milk
- 30 ml wholegrain mustard
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and saute the mushrooms until golden.
- Allow to cool then place in a food processor or blender with the cowpeas (black eyed beans), 2 tablespoonfuls of the KNORR minestrone soup, the eggs and flour.
- Using wet hands, roll tablespoonfuls into balls.
- Reheat the non-stick frying pan and add a little oil.
- Add the mushroom balls and saute, turning every now and then, until golden.
- Mix the milk, remaining KNORR minestrone soup and mustard and add to the meatballs in the pan. Cook for 10 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.