Millet and Boerewors Sauce
Use Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce and fruit chutney to create your very own Monkeygland-style sauce. Enjoy this lip-smacking sauce with its best friend, boerewors, and cooked millet for a comforting meal.
- 3 cups Boerewors chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Knorr tomato base Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fruit chutney
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup cooked millet
- basil leaves to serve
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to season
- Heat oil, fry boerewors for 3-5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, and fry until soft.
- Add Knorr Tomato Cook in Sauce and follow instructions provided on the packet. Then, add chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, fruit chutney and water. Cook until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook until cherry tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with millet and basil leaves.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.