Ox Liver with Tomato and Pap
This meal is perfect to be served with a braai but can also be prepared at any time! The mix of Knorrox Soya Mince and Knorrox Stock Cubes add a delicious sauciness to the dish.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 large onions sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45) ml Knorrox Beef Soya Mince
- 500 g ox or sheep liver
- 10 ml Robertsons Steak & Chop Spice
- 6 cups (1.5) ml water
- 1 Knorrox chicken stock cube
- 4 cups maize meal
- 2 tablespoons (30) ml margarine
- 15 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- Heat the oil and fry the onion rings until soft. Add the tomatoes and soya mince.
- Remove the membrane from the liver. Cut the liver into strips as thick as your little finger. Season with Steak & Chop Spice. In a separate pan, heat oil and stir-fry until the liver is just done. Add extra sunflower oil if necessary. Combine the cooked liver strips and tomato, onion mixture.
- Bring water and Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube to the boil, add the margarine and maize meal and stir into boiling water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes on low heat until done.
- Stir in the Robertsons Crushed Chillies.
- Serve the liver mixture hot with pap and salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.