Traditional Oxtail Sishebo
A meaty dish that delivers great flavour and aroma. Try serving it with samp on a cold winter's night.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Robertsons Steak & Chop Spice
- 750 grams oxtail pieces
- 500 ml water
- 410 grams tinned tomatoes diced
- 2 Knorrox oxtail stock cubes
- 2 carrots peeled sliced
- 3 potatoes peeled cubed
- 2 tablespoon Knorr oxtail soup
- 410 grams can butter beans drained
- In a large pot, heat the oil and brown the oxtail in batches until well browned on all sides. Remove from pan and pour off any excess oil. Fry the onion and green pepper until soft. Return the oxtail to the pan.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and Robertsons Steak & Chop Spice and fry for 1 minute.
- Add Knorrox Oxtail Stock Cubes, water and tomato, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and allow simmering with the lid on for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add the Knorrox Oxtail Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the sishebo. Add the beans and allow to simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.